Endpoint data backup greatly reduces business risk & costs
In their latest report on endpoint user data backup (ID #: G00211731), Gartner highlights the issue of endpoint user data security as one of the major problems faced by IT today. Pair this with the latest Intel report showing that the average costs of a lost or stolen business laptop is $50 000, and enterprises have a pressing financial incentive to ensure that their endpoint user data is properly protected.
One of the key challenges identified by Gartner is that IT tends to look at user data protection in the traditional sense, meaning from the centre out, instead of from the edge, inward – with the main areas of risk and exposure residing on endpoint user devices such as laptops and desktops.
The value of a business laptop rests on the value of the enterprise data residing on that device. With users becoming increasingly mobile, corporate data loss grows exponentially each year and the data at the edge of the network has never been more exposed. Loss is also happening at a higher rate with business data intake doubling every 18 months.
We have a data backup solution in place
The fact of the matter is that today’s legacy (mostly server-focussed) solutions struggle to provide an answer to the problem of endpoint data protection because vendors simply attempt to adapt antiquated technology, instead of building the correct solution from the ground up.
With recent surveys showing that over 70% of business critical data resides on user laptops & desktops, the importance of an effective built from-the-ground-up endpoint data protection solution that addresses enterprise operational & budget requirements has become vital for enterprises.
What is endpoint data protection?
Endpoint data security focuses on solutions for user data residing on endpoint devices such as laptop and desktop computers, while central control over the software solution is retained.
Recognising that organisations cannot rely on end users to consistently follow IT policy or diligently apply security software, endpoint security seeks to completely eliminate the requirement for end-user involvement.
The reduction of operational costs, improved user satisfaction, dramatically improved IT service delivery and achievement of corporate governance objectives are the main benefits of implementing “from the ground up” data backup and recovery solutions for user data residing on endpoint devices
The requirements of effective endpoint solution
• Full control with central management
• Simple & reliable laptop & desktop data recovery
• Faster & easier user data migration during Hardware refresh and OS migration
• Reduced need for end user support
• Minimal impact on the network
• Smarter data storage and minimized storage requirements
• Operational value from compliance
• Data encryption – no unauthorised access to confidential data
What is the value of an endpoint solution for organisations?
Organizations employing endpoint data continuity can look forward to complete control over their business critical data (and therefore the lifeblood of their companies) while enjoying key business benefits, such as:
• Maximized uptime for users, which means increased productivity and greater efficiency
• Minimized burden on IT resources and existing bandwidth and storage infrastructure, reducing bandwidth & storage costs
• Elimination of data loss, including costs directly associated with its retrieval
• Elimination of wasted resource required to recreate lost data
• Corporate Governance Compliance
Trusted by thousands of business users worldwide, Cibecs is the simplest way to ensure end-user data continuity and recover data residing on user laptops and desktops.