Remote Office Backup: How to Backup Branch Data
One of the key challenges of enterprise end user data protection is how to effectively backup branch user data and ensure that protecting remote office data is securely protected.
The Problem with branch office data: Protecting branch user data
Backing up remote office data (branch data backup) can result in increased bandwidth costs and create a challenge for IT. There are significant considerations required to prevent effecting the business’ ability to backup their branches data (the branch user data) without incurring increased costs, wasting IT’s time and unnecessarily exhausting resources.
So what should IT be looking for?
- A secure solution that ensures no unauthorized access to branch user data
- A solution that reduces pressure on the network and includes features that will result in lower bandwidth costs
- A simplified solution that addresses central management and control
Centrally Managing Branch User Data Backups
Look for a data backup solution that simplifies the backups of branch user data.
Cibecs offers a Centralized and Decentralized model. ( You can download a 30 Day Free Trial of Cibecs User Data Protection here and test our Remote / Branch User Data Backup & Recovery solution now)
- Cibecs Centralized Solution – Agents backup to a centrally hosted backup server located at the head office.
- Cibecs Decentralized Solution – Agents backup to a local branch backup server.
Decentralized model features
- Consolidated Reporting simplifies reporting over multiple backup servers.
- Centralized Management enables ease of administration across multiple backup servers from a single console.
- The user based pricing model means that you only pay for user licenses. Organizations can deploy as many Continuity Servers and Control Centers without any additional cost allowing for flexibility in how Cibecs is implemented.
- Eliminate impact on WAN bandwidth during normal operating hours as all backups are localized. Full disaster recovery is still possible by performing replication of the backup server to the head office during non-business hours.
- Faster recovery of data as the backup server is located at the branch level.
Want to know more? Read our blog on how Cibecs is raising the bar on user data protection